Monday, July 24, 2006

Knitting Update: I'm making a sweater!

Yes, it was at least 111 degrees today, and yet I am excited about knitting a sweater. So far I have knitted half an inch of ribbing. I am very proud. I am taking my first ever knitting class---Learner signed me up for intermediate knitting---and I just don't know whether I would have done this on my own. On my own, I have made a shawl, some nice scarves, and a couple of hats. During the next four weeks of this class, I will knit a toddler sweater. In lavender. It's going pretty well so far. I love having a teacher there to fix mistakes and show me how to purl properly. (I guess I didn't manage to teach myself purling all that well---even though I thought I was doing it correctly.)

So, sweater time! I have to get back to my ribbing.

No comments: