Sunday, June 11, 2006

Muffin Tops

So Learner and I found ourselves in L.A. this weekend. We had a great time at Venice Beach---I haven't been there since I was a kid. First, we had an excellent breakfast at the Mercedes Grille. Then we saw a great group of acrobats called the Calypso Tumblers. They were hilarious in between jumps. I wish I had taken a camera. There were tons of vendors selling knick knacks, sketches, henna tattoos, and fortunes. There were also a huge number of police officers patrolling the beach.

We were also taken in for two days and one night by one of Learner's good friends from college. She rocked. She was the best hostess ever. And she's the one that told me that in L.A., if you have a little bit of a tummy, it's called a "muffin top" by (her words) "L.A. bitches." Then she gave me a tiny tee shirt with "busters" written across the front and encouraged me to wear it to the beach.

No comments: