Thursday, July 27, 2006

Stressors

I read an article about life stressors that listed both good and bad events as incidents which add to the baseline of stress to a person's life (or a family's life). So, getting married is up there with losing a job. Moving to a new house counts just like the death of a pet. I think there is an implication that the number of stressors is more important than the type, so getting married, starting a new job, moving to a new house, getting a pet, having a child, and whatever else good that might happen to a person would be more overwhelming than just one bad event.

I'm not sure that the good and bad should count equally, but I am starting to think that a large number of life changes can be very stressful. Not like I'm about to have a kid or anything. :)

What do you guys think?

2 comments:

brainmarket said...

Listen to the voice of Buddha.

Kat said...

I'm not sure I know any Buddhas, but I'll keep an eye out for one.